Founded in 1904 originally behind Maori Hill School the Balmacewen Tennis Club Inc. is now situated in the beautiful grounds of the Otago Golf Club.
There are two Plexipave hard courts resurfaced in 2019 and three brand new Tigerturf artificial grass courts fitted in November 2015. Many people join the club to play socially or to have coaching in this lovely setting while others want to play Tennis Otago competition tennis in one of the clubs 18 teams.
Great reasons to play at our club:
- Free tennis to "try out" at club events for new seniors and juniors
- Friday Coaching Classes for students 13-18 years and adults 18 years and over years plus 3 free social tennis plays
- Great fun atmosphere and lots of social tennis for seniors and juniors
- Competitive rates that includes balls at most club events.
- Competition tennis (singles, doubles and mixed grades) for seniors and juniors and all abilities
- Friendly and competitive tennis year round
- Coaching for all ages and abilities on Wednesday and Friday afternoons by our Hot Shot Tennis Coaches.
- Beautiful location with native birds set in the Otago Golf Course grounds.
- Two Plexipave resurfaced in US Open colours in 2019 and three new 2015 Tigerturf artificial grass courts.
- Wet weather play on top courts or at Edgar Stadium.