Great reasons to join our club
Founded in 1904 originally behind Maori Hill School the Balmacewen Tennis Club Inc. is now situated in the beautiful grounds of the Otago Golf Club.
There are two Plexipave hard courts and three brand new Tigerturf artificial grass courts fitted in November 2015. Many people join the club to play socially or to have coaching in this lovely setting while others want to play Tennis Otago competition tennis in one of the clubs 18 teams.
Great reasons to play at our club...
- Free tennis to "try out" at club events for non-member seniors and juniors
- Non-members can also play at our club with a 10 play pass.
- Friday Coaching Classes for adult and teenager members and non-members plus 3 free social tennis plays
- Great fun atmosphere and lots of social tennis for seniors and juniors
- Competitive rates that includes balls at all club events.
- Competition tennis (singles, doubles and mixed grades) for seniors and juniors and all abilities
- Friendly and competitive tennis year round
- Coaching for all ages and abilities on Friday afternoons by our NZ Registered Tennis Coaches.
- Non-member junior beginner coaching available at $5 per lesson (min 6 players)
- Beautiful location with native birds set in the Otago Golf Course grounds.
- Join the Otago Golf Club as a social member for an extra $25. Receive one golf round and 5% off at the Bar.
- Two Plexipave and soon three brand new Tigerturf artificial grass courts with arguably the best vista in Dunedin played on all year.
- Wet weather play on top courts or at Edgar Stadium. Latest Dunedin weather report.
Tennis has received acclaim for its ability to offer great physical, mental and emotional benefits like no other sport, check out these impressive “Five Benefits of Tennis”.