COVID-19 UPDATE 23 MARCH 2020
Tennis NZ is monitoring all available news sources regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. As the situation changes daily we are making decisions regarding appropriate measures for tennis and will post updates on the Tennis NZ website.
Today we wish to advise our tennis community of the following recommendations:
Based on recommendations from government the above advice could change at any time. Tennis NZ will issue further updates if and when necessary so please make sure you are checking our COVID-19 info pageoften.
- In line with Alert Level 2 recommendations we recommend all persons aged over 70, all persons with with pre-existing respiratory conditions, and those who are immunocompromised, to stay at home. These persons SHOULD NOT visit tennis clubs or any public tennis facilities.
- Any students of schools who are closed in relation to the Covid-19 outbreak SHOULD NOT visit tennis clubs or any public tennis facilities for any reason.
- Persons in self-isolation SHOULD NOT visit tennis clubs or any public tennis facilities for any reason.
- Whilst at this stage we are not advising the cessation of tennis coaching, we strongly recommend all coaches should maintain accurate written records of who attends sessions, including times that the attendees were present at the venue – this information could help with any necessary contact tracing. Please visit our Health Advice & Guidelines page for additional information.
- Please continue to follow all advised hygiene practices.
- Please continue to monitor news sources for further updates from the Ministry of Health
Thank you tennis community for all of your support and understanding.